THE CALL FOR ENTRIES IS NOW CLOSED. You can find all winners of the most recent and past AL Light & Architecture Design Awards on ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING's migrated site on ARCHITECT magazine's website, and in the September 2020 issue of ARCHITECT magazine.
ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING announces the 17th annual AL Light & Architecture Design Awards, honoring outstanding and innovative projects in the field of architectural lighting design.
Entering the AL Design Awards program is a three-step process.
- Register and pay for your entry. Once registration information is submitted, you cannot make changes to registration information. If you want to complete another entry, you can save time by selecting "Copy Application."
- Enter your project description and upload visual assets. You can save, edit, and return to your work until you are ready to submit.
- Finalize and submit your materials. Once you complete your submission materials section, you cannot make further changes.
Early Bird: Friday, June 5, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Friday, June 19 Wed., June 24, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EDT
The AL Light & Architecture Design Awards honors outstanding and innovative projects in the ﬁeld of architectural lighting design in four categories: Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Whole Building (in which the same designer is responsible for interior and exterior lighting scope of work); and Exhibition and Temporary Lighting Installations. Winning projects will be featured in the September issue of ARCHITECT magazine, on archlighting.com and architectmagazine.com, in AL Notes, and ARCHITECT's e-newsletters.
Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms. Other browsers will not allow you to complete the entry process.
Design professionals practicing worldwide may enter one or more architectural lighting design projects. Each project entry is a submission and has an entry fee associated with it. This is NOT a product competition. Submissions are encouraged from all design professionals including but not limited to architects, lighting designers, interior architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. Projects must have been completed after July 2018. Projects previously entered can be resubmitted so long as they still meet the eligibility window.
- Interior Lighting (e.g., museums, libraries, civic buildings, hotels, restaurants, retail, offices, academic buildings, health care facilities)
- Exterior Lighting (e.g., façades, landscapes, gardens, parks, street and roadway lighting, transportation, urban master plans)
- Whole Building Projects (i.e., projects in which the same designer was responsible for both the interior and the exterior lighting design)
- Exhibition Lighting and Temporary Installation (Note: Please indicate the dates for which the exhibit/installation is/was installed.)
REQUIRED ENTRY MATERIALS
Your entry will consist of an online project information form and supporting documents that can be uploaded through this website. The online project information form asks for the following information:
- Entrant information (contact details for the person preparing the entry)
- Project information (including project name, location, and completion date; project team info; photographer; project and lighting costs; watts per square foot; energy-code compliance; and more)
- Luminaire and lamp type, including a manufacturer list and applications
- Written description (500 words max) outlining the project brief, project challenges, and lighting design solution(s)
After filling out this information, you will have an opportunity to upload supporting documents for your entry.
- You must submit a minimum of seven images; up to 12 images are allowed. JPGs or JPEGs no larger than 2,000 pixels in the longest dimension are preferred. If your project is selected as a winner, you will be asked to supply high-res images.
- Drawing files must be EPS or PDF format
- Video file requirements: MP4 format
Early Entry Deadline
Final Entry Deadline
|Each Additional Entry||$115||$165|
Note: You must register your entry by June 5, 11:59 p.m. EDT to receive the Early Bird discount. All final entry materials must be received by June 24, 2020. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
All materials submitted to the 2020 AL Light & Design Architecture Awards program become the property of Architectural Lighting, which will not be responsible or liable for them. Entry fees are non-refundable.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
WHO CAN ENTER: Submissions are encouraged from all design professionals, including but not limited to architects, lighting designers, interior architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. Projects must have been completed after July 2018.
ANONYMITY: To maintain anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any submission materials except where specifically requested on the entry form fields. However, do not conceal the identity or location of projects. Architectural Lighting will not adjust any submission to make it comply with this rule.
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT: Each submission must be registered online ahead of the submission deadline using this website. Payment is due at the time of registration. Entrants will be prompted to upload additional materials to their submission prior to the deadline.
PUBLISHING RIGHTS: All materials submitted to the AL Light & Architecture Design Awards program become the property of ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING, ARCHITECT, and Hanley Wood. AL and ARCHITECT retain the right to consider all non-winning entries for future publication, but entrants will be notified beforehand. Keep a copy of all entry materials for your records. Note that awards are left to the judges’ discretion. An award may not be granted in each category.
EARLY BIRD ENTRY: To receive the early bird discount, you must register your entry by June 5, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EDT. The fee is $165 for the first submission and $115 for each subsequent submission, as outlined above in the Entry Fee Table. Entry fees must be paid online by credit card and are nonrefundable.
REGULAR DEADLINE: All entries must be finalized by
June 19, 2020 June 24, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EDT. Applications registered on June 6 or after will be charged $215 for the first entry and $165 for subsequent entries. Fees must be paid online by credit card.
To receive emails about your entry, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email's whitelist.