IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS INTRODUCTION AND INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING.
2019 16th Annual AL Light & Architecture Design Awards
Architectural Lighting announces the 16th Annual AL Light & Architecture Design Awards honoring outstanding and innovative projects in the field of architectural lighting design.
The AL Design Awards program is a three-step process.
- Step One: Complete registration and payment. (Once registration information is submitted, you cannot make changes to registration information.).
- Step Two: Upload project entry/entries materials. (Changes can be made during this process prior to final submit.)
- Step Three: Finalize and submit your materials. (Once you submit your submission materials section, you will not be able to make further changes.)
Early Entry – Wednesday May 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Final Entry - Friday May 31, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EDT
The AL Light & Architecture Design Awards honors outstanding and innovative projects in the ﬁeld of architectural lighting design in four main categories: Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Whole Building (same designer responsible for interior and exterior lighting scope of work); and Exhibition and Temporary Lighting Installations. Winning projects will be featured on AL’s portals–archlighting.com and AL Notes–in August 2019, and featured on architectmagazine.com and published in the August 2019 print issue of Architect.
The AL Light & Architecture Design Awards is setup on a digital platform that requires the use of either Chrome or Firefox. You must use Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms. Other browsers will not allow you to complete these processes correctly.
Design professionals practicing worldwide may enter one or more architectural lighting design projects. Each project entry is a submission and has an entry fee associated with it. This is NOT a product competition. Submissions are encouraged from all design professionals including but not limited to architects, lighting designers, interior architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. Projects must have been completed after July 2017. Projects previously entered can be resubmitted so long as they still meet the eligibility date requirements.
1. Interior Lighting (i.e., museums, libraries, civic buildings, hotels, restaurants, retail, offices, academic buildings, healthcare facilities)
2. Exterior Lighting (i.e., façades, landscapes, gardens, parks, street and roadway lighting, transportation, urban master plans)
3. Whole Building Projects (where the same designer has been responsible for both the interior and the exterior lighting
4. Exhibition Lighting and Temporary Installation (Note: Please indicate the duration of time the exhibit/installation is/was installed.)
Early Entry – Wednesday May 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Final Entry – Friday May 31, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EDT (Additional Entry Fee Applies per each project submission)
Early Entry Deadline
(until May 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EDT)
Final Entry Deadline
(May 16, 2019, 12:00 a.m. EDT through May 31, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EDT)
|1st Project Entry||$165.00||$215.00|
|All additional Project Entries||$115.00||$165.00|
Please Note: There is an additional $50 fee per project for any entry submitted after May 15, 2019. This fee will automatically be added to all entries starting May 16. All final entry materials must be received by May 31, 2019. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
All materials submitted to the 2019 AL Light & Design Architecture Awards program become the property of Architectural Lighting, which will not be responsible or liable for them. Entry fees are non-refundable.
HOW TO PREPARE A PROJECT ENTRY
The AL Design Awards is a digital process. You can register, complete your entry forms, and upload entry materials (including images, videos, descriptions, and documentation) by submitting everything through the AL Design Awards website in this two-step process.
Step One: Complete registration and payment. Make sure all general registration information is correct. Once this information is submitted during the Registration step, you WILL NOT be able to amend this portion of your entry.
Step Two: Fill out online project entry forms and upload entry materials, as outlined below. Until “Final Submit” is selected, you may return to entries to modify.
Your entry will consist of an online project entry form and supporting documents that can be uploaded to this website.
The online project entry form asks for the following information:
- Entrant Information (contact details for the person preparing the entry)
- Project Information (including project name, location, and completion date; project team info; photographer; project and lighting costs; watts per square foot; energy-code compliance; and more)
- Luminaire and lamp type including manufacturer list and applications
- Written description (up to 600 words max) outlining the project brief, project challenges, and lighting design solution(s)
After filling out this information, you will have an opportunity to upload supporting documents for your entry.
- Text documents must be either PDFs or Microsoft Word .docx files.
- Image files must be .jpg images and no larger than 4,000 pixels wide or high. If your project is a winning entry you will be asked to supply high-res images (TIF files at 300dpi and minimum of 8 ½” x 11”). Minimum of 7 images / maximum of 12 images allowed.
- Drawing files must be .eps or .pdf format
- Video file requirements: Video files are preferred in H.264 format with a .MOV extension. Resolution should be 1920 x 1080; and acceptable frame rates are either 24 fps or 30 fps.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
WHO CAN ENTER:
Submissions are encouraged from all design professionals, including but not limited to architects, lighting designers, interior architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. Projects must have been completed after July 2017.
PUBLICATION: Winning projects will be featured on AL’s portals–archlighting.com and AL Notes–in August 2019, and featured on architectmagazine.com and published in the August 2019 print issue of Architect.
ANONYMITY: To maintain anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any submission materials except where specifically requested on the online entry forms. However, do not conceal the identity or location of projects. Architectural Lighting will not adjust any submission to make it comply with this rule.
ENTRY FORMS: Each submission must be registered online ahead of the submission deadline using this website. Payment is made at time of registration. Additional materials must also be uploaded to the website prior to the submission deadline.
PUBLISHING RIGHTS: All materials submitted to the 2019 AL Light & Architecture Design Awards program become the property of Architectural Lighting. Architectural Lighting retains the right to consider all non-winning entries for future publication, but entrants will be notified beforehand. Keep a copy of all entry materials for your records. Note that awards are left to the judges’ discretion. An award may not be granted in each category.
EARLY ENTRY: Early entries must be registered and submitted online by May 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. The fee is $165.00 for the first submission and $115.00 for each subsequent submission, as outlined above in the Entry Fee Table. Entry fees must be paid online by credit card, and are nonrefundable.
FINAL ENTRY: Final entries are all submissions made starting May 16, 2019 12:00 a.m. EDT through May 31, 2019 11:59 p.m. EDT to which an additional fee ($50) applies to each entry. Fees must be paid online by credit card. Please note that entrants registering after the early deadline of May 15, 2019, will have the additional $50 fee automatically included in each entry submission. Additional fees are also nonrefundable
To receive emails about your entry, please add email@example.com to your email's whitelist.