THE CALL FOR ENTRIES HAS BEEN EXTENDED ONCE MORE FOR THE 19TH ANNUAL ALDA AWARDS
Enter today! This will be the final extension!
ARCHITECT Magazine announces the 19th annual ARCHITECT Light & Architecture Design Awards (formerly the Architectural Lighting Design Awards), honoring outstanding and innovative projects in the field of architectural lighting design.
Entering the Light & Architecture Design Awards program is a three-step process.
- Register and pay for your entry. Once registration information is submitted, you cannot make changes to registration information. If you want to complete another entry, you can save time by selecting "Copy Application."
- Enter your project description and upload visual assets. You can save, edit, and return to your work until you are ready to submit.
- Finalize and submit your materials. Once you complete your submission materials section, you cannot make further changes.
Regular: Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST
Friday, Oct. 14, 2022 11:59 p.m. EST → Oct. 28, 2022 EST 11:59 p.m. → Nov. 18, 2022 11:59 p.m. EST
The ARCHITECT Light & Architecture Design Awards honors outstanding and innovative projects in the ﬁeld of architectural lighting design in four categories: Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Whole Building (in which the same designer is responsible for interior and exterior lighting scope of work); and Exhibition and Lighting Installations. Winning projects will be featured in the January/February 2023 issue of ARCHITECT magazine and on architectmagazine.com, and ARCHITECT's e-newsletters.
Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms. Other browsers will not allow you to complete the entry process.
Design professionals practicing worldwide may enter one or more architectural lighting design projects. Each project entry is a submission and has an entry fee associated with it. This is NOT a product competition. Submissions are encouraged from all design professionals including but not limited to architects, lighting designers, interior architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. Projects must have been completed after July 2020. Projects previously entered can be resubmitted so long as they still meet the eligibility window.
- Interior Lighting (e.g., museums, libraries, civic buildings, hotels, restaurants, retail, offices, academic buildings, health care facilities)
- Exterior Lighting (e.g., façades, landscapes, gardens, parks, street and roadway lighting, transportation, urban master plans)
- Whole Building Projects (i.e., projects in which the same designer was responsible for both the interior and the exterior lighting design)
- Exhibition Lighting and Installations. For temporary installations, indicate which dates the exhibition/installation was on view.
REQUIRED ENTRY MATERIALS
Your entry will consist of an online project information form and supporting documents that can be uploaded through this website. The online project information form asks for the following information:
- Entrant information (contact details for the person preparing the entry)
- Project information (including project name, location, and completion date; project team info; photographer; project and lighting costs; watts per square foot; energy-code compliance; and more)
- Project summary (500 words max) outlining the project brief, project challenges, and lighting design solution(s)
- Luminaire products specified, including a manufacturer list
After filling out this information, you will have an opportunity to upload the support documents listed below.
- You must submit a minimum of seven images; up to 12 images are allowed. JPGs or JPEGs no larger than 2,000 pixels in the longest dimension are preferred. If your project is selected as a winner, you will be asked to supply high-res images.
- Drawing files must be EPS or PDF format
- Video files must be MP4 format
Regular Entry Deadline
Late Entry Deadline
|Each Additional Entry||$125||$175|
Note: All final entry materials must be received by
Friday, Oct. 14, 2022 11:59 p.m. EST → Nov. 18, 2022 11:59 p.m. EST. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
All materials submitted to the 2023 ARCHITECT Light & Design Architecture Awards program become the property of ARCHITECT magazine and Zonda Media, which will not be responsible or liable for them. Entry fees are non-refundable.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
WHO CAN ENTER: Submissions are encouraged from all design professionals, including but not limited to architects, lighting designers, interior architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. Projects must have been completed after July 2019.
PUBLICATION: Winning projects will be featured in the January/February issue of ARCHITECT magazine, on architectmagazine.com, and ARCHITECT's e-newsletters. You can find past ALDA winners on ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING's migrated site on ARCHITECT magazine's website.
ANONYMITY: To maintain anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any submission materials except where specifically requested on the entry form fields. However, do not conceal the identity or location of projects. ARCHITECT will not adjust any submission to make it comply with this rule.
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT: Each submission must be registered online ahead of the submission deadline using this website. Payment is due at the time of registration. Entrants will be prompted to upload additional materials to their submission prior to the deadline.
PUBLISHING RIGHTS: All materials submitted to the ARCHITECT Light & Architecture Design Awards program become the property of ARCHITECT, and Zonda Media. ARCHITECT retains the right to consider all non-winning entries for future publication, but entrants will be notified beforehand. Keep a copy of all entry materials for your records. Note that awards are left to the judges’ discretion. An award may not be granted in each category.
REGULAR ENTRY: You must register your entry by Oct. 1, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST. The fee is $175 for the first submission and $125 for each subsequent submission, as outlined above in the Entry Fee Table. Entry fees must be paid online by credit card and are nonrefundable.
LATE DEADLINE ENTRY: All entries must be finalized by the extended deadline of F
riday, Oct. 14, 2022 11:59 p.m. EST → Nov. 18, 2022 11:59 p.m. EST. Applications registered on Oct. 2 or after will be charged $225 for the first entry and $175 for subsequent entries. Fees must be paid online by credit card.
To receive emails about your entry, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email's whitelist. Questions? Email our staff at email@example.com.